The temptation to revert to disordered eating is strong. It's a constant mental battle - at every meal time I fight it, and the hours in between. I needed a quick stop list of reminders to refer to, when I feel the urge to chuck it in. So here are 6 excellent reasons to stick to my meal plan.
- I value my health.
- If I binge and vomit or restrict, I will lose hope and feel sad. New disordered habits will form around the plan, and I don't want that to happen.
- I am taking care of myself, and that's what I want to do.
- I need to relearn healthy eating behaviours, and to give my body a chance to heal. It's going to take time. Later on, I will be able to eat freely and intuitively, but for now this plan is my stepping stone to recovery.
- If I fall off the wagon, I don't need to catastrophise. It happens - the important thing is to get back on. I won't wait until the next day - i will get back on the plan at the next meal.
- I value my recovery. I don't want another year of this shit, so I have to go through this period even though it's uncomfortable. I want to rebel and go back to disorder, but all that would do is drag this process out. It would mean more misery, and I've had enough. It's time to help, rather than punish myself.